Did Gambhir really put his hand on Rohit's shoulder? Read the story





Today, the 2nd ODI of the IND-ENG match is underway at the Cardiff ground, but both of India's openers are back in the pavilion at the time I am writing this article. Skipper Gill got out for 31, and he was playing quite well. 

However, yesterday a major piece of news was broken by an organization's journalist, stating that after the completion and result of the 1st ODI, Gautam Gambhir saw Rohit sitting alone, walked up to him, placed a hand on his shoulder, and told him not to worry about his future, to live in the present, and to play his natural cricket. (Which can be interpreted to mean that Rohit, who has been playing a bit cautiously lately, will now play his natural game, meaning aggressive cricket. Now, the best part is that I posted a tweet this morning regarding that breaking news, because until yesterday, I was only talking to people and various media persons, listening to what their reactions were to all of this. However, this morning I felt that I should also break something, even though it's possible no one saw my breaking news since we aren't that famous as journalists. I wrote, "I don't believe the news that came yesterday about Gambhir and Rohit to be true. I have been hearing all those things since yesterday but was avoiding reacting over it." And below that, I wrote, "There's nothing against the journalist who broke this news. Because reporting is their job, and believing or not believing it is the public's job.")

Today, Rohit came onto the field following both of those news pieces; he had a catch dropped at 5 runs, which is a common occurrence in the game. Anyways, I have personally been watching cricket for probably the last 15 years - I have never seen Rohit looking so thoroughly stuck, especially in ODIs. So, through this article, I would say that if Gambhir had indeed placed a hand on Rohit's shoulder and said all those things, why didn't it reflect on the field today? Has Gambhir gave Rohit a timeline that from this or that day you can play your natural game? I think this answer can be given by that journalist only. By the way, Rohit looked clueless even today, with no changes in his approach; it was mostly the same as the Birmingham ODI. Yes, there is one thing - he was seen putting in the hard work, but while Jacks didn't really trap him, Rohit trapped himself. 

Before getting out off one of his very first few balls, he wanted to step out and play, though he ultimately ended up defending that ball in the end. So, the sole purpose of writing this article was to emphasize that the news you see nowadays should be allowed to be verified for a couple of days, because people like us dissect the minute details of such news, and that takes time. 


If you liked this article, please forward it as much as possible, because the readers are everything to me.


Comments