Behind the Buzz: Is Rohit retiring for a reality show? Plus, VVS Laxman’s massive BCCI elevation
Ritik Sharma (Noida): Once again, the rumour mill is buzzing following a recent post by Rohit. In fact, if you follow cricket, you might be aware that Rohit is collaborating with Sony TV on a show. Following this, a few journalists in the market started spreading rumours that doing this show directly implies he is going to retire. They didn’t present this just as a mere assumption, but were almost treating it as confirmed news - even though there has been no such discussion or official word from either Rohit or the BCCI.
Let me tell you clearly, these are the same 4-5 well-known journalists who have been running such stories before every single series ever since Rohit's Test retirement, bagging plenty of views and likes. This happens simply because for a player of Rohit's stardom, even a minor scratch makes his fans and admirers eager to know every single detail.
Rohit’s Future: TV Projects vs On-Field Reality
Now, getting straight to the point without stretching the article unnecessarily - especially since you will be reading about VVS Laxman below.
Look, Rohit’s show will certainly come out, but it will have no bearing on his game. As long as he remains fit and keeps scoring runs, neither the team management nor the selectors can sideline him. This isn’t a fabricated story from my end; I am writing this based on credible and reliable sources - a track record of accuracy that you can easily assess from my past reports.
The straightforward fact is that Rohit has the solid backing of two influential individuals from what I have gathered, and that backing was even utilized during the England tour ahead of the Lord's ODI (something I had clearly mentioned in a previous story). As for Rohit’s potential replacement, the team has Yashasvi Jaiswal, who might be given opportunities - though when and how that unfolds will become clearer with time.
Look, Rohit’s show will certainly come out, but it will have no bearing on his game. As long as he remains fit and keeps scoring runs, neither the team management nor the selectors can sideline him. This isn’t a fabricated story from my end; I am writing this based on credible and reliable sources - a track record of accuracy that you can easily assess from my past reports.
The straightforward fact is that Rohit has the solid backing of two influential individuals from what I have gathered, and that backing was even utilized during the England tour ahead of the Lord's ODI (something I had clearly mentioned in a previous story). As for Rohit’s potential replacement, the team has Yashasvi Jaiswal, who might be given opportunities - though when and how that unfolds will become clearer with time.
VVS Laxman’s Next Big Role
Coming to VVS Laxman, an elevation in his role is certain. In September or early October, he will be handed the role of Director of Cricket - but only if any of the role will be offered at all. The source I confirmed this with clearly stated that if he takes up a post, it will be as Director; otherwise, no other position is on the table right now.
My source further added that if this post is given to VVS Laxman, he will oversee everything. In other words, every single matter across the Men’s team, Women’s team, Under-19, India A, and the NCA will pass through him. If any selector, player, or coach faces an issue, they will be able to sort it out directly with the Director. Put simply, this role will act like a mirror for Indian cricket - re-verifying and filtering out the unstable, half-baked rumours emerging from within the setup so only authentic information comes to light.
I had previously written in a story that I doubted VVS would accept the Chief Selector post when Dainik Jagran broke that news. At that time, I had also mentioned that Laxman would likely be more interested in a coaching role rather than becoming Chief Selector, also this new role for VVS can be turned into something crazy that many would get surprise (maybe split in coaching) - this is what I got from top officials via sources. But yes; as of today, the reports that media outlets are running about him becoming the Director of Cricket are almost completely accurate.
My source further added that if this post is given to VVS Laxman, he will oversee everything. In other words, every single matter across the Men’s team, Women’s team, Under-19, India A, and the NCA will pass through him. If any selector, player, or coach faces an issue, they will be able to sort it out directly with the Director. Put simply, this role will act like a mirror for Indian cricket - re-verifying and filtering out the unstable, half-baked rumours emerging from within the setup so only authentic information comes to light.
I had previously written in a story that I doubted VVS would accept the Chief Selector post when Dainik Jagran broke that news. At that time, I had also mentioned that Laxman would likely be more interested in a coaching role rather than becoming Chief Selector, also this new role for VVS can be turned into something crazy that many would get surprise (maybe split in coaching) - this is what I got from top officials via sources. But yes; as of today, the reports that media outlets are running about him becoming the Director of Cricket are almost completely accurate.



Comments
Post a Comment